Sunday, February 27, 2011

I1029 Myth - There is no Money

I hear from several sources including surveyors in the Department of Social & Health Services (DSHS) that I1029 cannot possibly be enforced because there is no money in the budget.

This is a MYTH!

1) I get 5-10 emails a week from the Training Department at DSHS that has recently approved my trainings and discuss changes that have to do with I1029. I don't think they work for a non-for-profit ministry

2) Whether I1029 goes through or not, a Training Department within DSHS will remain. Whether they enforce the old regulations or the new ones really makes no difference. Trainings will have to continue and a Training Department will remain

3) Washington State has to cut $6 Billion from its budget in order to balance it. These new training regulations will cost $25 million. That's 0.004% of what they need to cut. Not a very big chunk.

Don't let fear of change keep you from being in compliance of new regulations. Contact me with any questions or concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment