Saturday, June 29, 2013

31 Days of Necessary Equipment for Caregivers

As I wind down another Core Training class, I have heard once again this statement from some students:

"We don't use that at our work. I need to talk with my boss to get one."

This is usually a Gait Belt discussion, but it also surrounds the Button puller & stethoscope.

I want caregivers to take control of their job and profession and really believe that there are some things that caregivers should have of their own and take care of.

Depending on employers to provide you with essential equipment is a recipe for disaster. Employers don't often provide 1 of everything for each caregiver which leaves you looking for items that other caregivers are likely using. If employer equipment gets lost or broken, you'll have to go without until they can reorder which puts both you and the employer at risk if someone gets hurt (you or the client).

So everyday in July, I want to talk about 1 item that I think Caregivers need to own for themselves and take care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment